A double girder overhead crane, sometimes referred to as a double beam EOT (Electric Overhead Travelling) crane, is a durable industrial crane that is frequently used for heavy-duty lifting and material handling operations. It has two parallel horizontal girders or beams that are held up by end trucks on either side, increasing stability and load capacity.
2. End trucks: The end trucks are the structures that hold the wheels or tracks that allow the crane to move along the runway system. They are situated at each end of the twin girders. They give the crane construction stability and support.
3. Hoist: A trolley with the hoist mechanism attached on it moves along the twin girders. The lifting and lowering of the cargo is done by the hoist. Depending on the unique requirements, double beam EOT cranes can be fitted with a variety of hoists, including wire rope hoists and chain hoists.
4. Trolley: Mounted on the two girders, the trolley moves horizontally along the crane's length. It supports the hoisting system and enables accurate load location.
5. Control system: Double Beam EOT Cranes are frequently fitted with a control system that gives operators full command over the crane's movement and use. Features like pendant controls, radio remote controls, and variable speed controls could be included of the control system.
6. Safety features: Double Beam EOT Cranes are outfitted with a variety of safety features to ensure safe operation. These could consist of audible or visual alerts, limit switches, emergency stop buttons, overload protection, and anti-collision systems.
7. Customization is possible with Double Beam EOT Cranes to fulfil particular needs and applications. Different load capacities, spans, lifting heights, and operating speeds can be incorporated into their design. Additionally, they can be fitted with features like automated controls, sophisticated monitoring systems, and auxiliary lifting mechanisms.
Steel mills, foundries, power plants, and construction sites are just a few examples of the types of businesses that frequently use double beam EOT cranes for their heavy lifting and precision material handling needs. They are ideal for moving big, heavy goods over long distances because of their high lifting power, stability, and adaptability.